Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Luck of the Irish

So I was pressed for time, thinking, what can I possibly do to celebrate St. Patrick's Day without taking away from the topics I need to teach?

So typical last-minute fashion, at 6:30 in the morning, the first thing I do is pull up PowerPoint, mycutegraphics.com, grab some Pot of Gold images, slap on some vowel digraphs, and get to cutting out gold coins.


I then pasted the gold coins around the room (of course, the leprechaun really put them there), and had the kiddos find and sort the words on the coins during Word Work. Quick, 10 minute activity, perfect for the limited time we have for Word Work. Plus the kids love finding things around the room! 



Super easy to make - and you can do it too!  


1 comment:

  1. Hi Megan,
    I love your blog and I am glad I discovered it! I nominated you for the Liebster Award. You can read about it on my blog here: http://kindergartencoffeetalk.blogspot.com/2015/05/liebster-award.html
    Have a great weekend!
    Jen
    KindergartenCoffeeTalk

    ReplyDelete